Animal testing, Ethical and Vegan Policy
Twoodle Co do not test on animals and all our products are certified cruelty free and vegan by PETA: https://crueltyfree.peta.org/wp-content/uploads/vegan-companies.pdf.
We believe that animal testing is abhorrent and unnecessary. Customer safety is of great importance to us and please be assured that we are able to ensure the safety of all our products, without the use of animal testing. We only buy raw materials from businesses that do not conduct, are not involved in the use of, or commission the use of, animals or insects for testing. As part of our commitment to ensuring this, we have a statement from each of our suppliers detailing their commitment to not testing on animals, along with vegan and cruelty free accreditation’s.
From inception and officially the day Twoodle Co began trading – 4th January 2018, Twoodle Co founder Tim set about creating products that are vegan at the core, checking that every material from the glassware, to the essential oils, down to the ink and glue in the labels are truly vegan. All ingredients and materials used by us are meticulously checked back to their source to make sure they are cruelty-free and free from all animal and insect ingredients, extraction methods and equipment associated with animals and or insects.
Animal testing is a practice that we want to see brought to an end globally. For this reason, there are several countries we don’t operate in due to animal testing legislation – this includes China.
We work with https://www.carbonfootprint.com to make our business carbon negative, meaning that the work we do has a positive impact on the environment and that we give more back to the planet than we take.
For your reference, here is a list of materials used in Twoodle Co products and how they can be re-used and/or recycled;
We have eliminated all plastics from our products, packaging, and packing, making all Twoodle Co products 100% plastic free.
- Packing tape: The packing tape used is completely plastic-free and is made from recycled paper and biodegradable gum, free from animal glue.
- Packing/Shipping boxes: All boxes used for shipping have been recycled and are recyclable. We also use recycled paper to safety pack around products and water soluble packing peanuts made from starch, which can either be reused, washed down the sink or put in food waste or composter.
All our products are 100% plastic free and made from the following materials. All materials are either recyclable in general recycling or biodegradable;
- Room Diffuser: Re-useable via Twoodle Co Refills. Wood and silicon stopper and glass bottles are all reusable and recyclable. Our Room Diffuser twigs are biodegradable.
- Candles: Bamboo lids, stainless steel lids, glass jars, and silicone seal are all 100% recyclable.
- Scented Ornaments: 100% plastic-free. Decorated with Biodegradable EcoGlitter made from Eucalyptus resin.
- Packaging: All paper, gift boxes, packing tape, packing boxes and packing materials have come from a recycled source and can be recycled.
- Wood: Wooden diffuser bottle stoppers and candle lids are from sustainable replanted forests.
- Bamboo Candle lid: FSC certified bamboo (which is not the species pandas eat). As bamboo is a grass, it becomes harvest-able in a matter of months, rather than the 10 years or more it takes for trees to grow. Bamboo is also recyclable in paper recycling.
All our ingredients used are from sustainable sources, free from all animal ingredients and processes, are GM-free and organic where possible.
- Candle wax: We produce our own hemp wax, that’s made in our London workshop using hemp seed oil that’s grown and produced in England, meaning it has a very low carbon footprint. Hemp is also one of the most sustainable plants on the planet and is grown without the use of pesticides and other harmful chemicals.
Why we don’t use soy wax in our candles
We don’t use soy wax in our candles because soy wax is created using chemical extraction and is then bleached white. All Soy wax comes from South American GM crops which are destroying rainforests and contaminating the food chain.
Why we don’t use Paraffin wax in our candles
Paraffin is a by-product of the crude oil industry and when burned, it releases toxic chemicals that have been linked to lung cancer and asthma. Most of the big candle makers still use paraffin/petroleum wax in their products and are under no obligation to tell you so. We believe this is wrong and are campaigning to change legislation. Read this BBC article that explains why paraffin wax is bad.
- Room Diffuser solvent: We use a vegetable glycerine based solvent as a natural alternative to alcohol.
Why we don’t use alcohol in our Room Diffusers
Alcohol because its a VOC (volatile organic compound), which are known to create an invisible smog when products containing alcohol are used in doors. Read this article that explains why VOCs are dangerous.
- Hand Soap: The main ingredient (over 50%) in our Hand Soap Concentrate is Organic Coconut oil from The Coconut Merchant who source their coconut oil direct from farmers in Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines and Indonesia.